Oil + Gas
In the oil and gas industry the ability to monitor and manage the status and operation of field assets such as pipelines, wellheads, pumps and valves remotely is invaluable. Nupoint’s Remote Viewer––satellite cameras and Remote Connect––satellite data transceivers provide the satellite data M2M communications monitoring (machine to machine) to provide information that is critical to your operations:
- Pipeline monitoring for oil and gas leakage detection enables you to detect malfunctions and corrosion and locate and shutoff sections when leaks are detected—a requirement in some states and provinces.
- Wellhead monitoring enables you to know the flow measurements in real time determining if they are running at peak efficiency and the volume of resources extracted for investors and regulators.
- Pump and valve control measurements (pressure, temperature, etc.) give you the ability to lower maintenance costs by preventing problems before they occur. Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems have a reliable, communications system for important operations control and maintenance data.
To effectively manage oil and gas sites, staff members may be required to travel to remote areas to assess and manage operations. The Nupoint Companion—satellite email hotspot is an easy to use, portable WiFi email server that plugs into the USB port of a satellite phone and hooks up to your email device (laptop, tablet, or smartphone). With this powerful solution, wherever travellers have satellite connectivity they can stay connected no matter how remote their site location.
- Reliable, lightweight equipment designed to withstand harsh environments
- Simple to set up and configure
- Cost effective satellite data communication tools
Call to action