In the utility industry, the ability to monitor and manage the status and operation of field assets, such as environmental monitoring equipment that tracks water flow, snow, and ice conditions is invaluable. Nupoint’s Remote Viewer—satellite cameras and Remote Connect—satellite data transceivers provide the satellite data M2M communications monitoring (machine to machine) to provide the information that is critical to your hydro operations:
- Weather stations that monitor rainfall, wind, temperature, atmospheric pressure, humidity, ice pack conditions, water level changes, and river flow
- All monitoring equipment—monitor field equipment to ensure it is operational/weather conditions have not hampered its functionality
Utility staff members need to travel to remote areas to assess conditions and manage operations from time to time. The Nupoint Companion—satellite email hotspot is an easy to use, portable WiFi email server that plugs into the USB port of a satellite phone and hooks up to an email device (such as laptop, tablet, or smartphone). With this powerful solution, wherever remote hydro travellers have satellite connectivity they can stay connected no matter how remote their location. Utility staff members, when travelling remotely with satellite service, can stay connected with this powerful solution.
Our Remote Viewer—satellite cameras, Remote Connect—satellite data transceivers, and Companion—satellite email hotspot have been designed to meet the utility industry’s satellite data communication needs:
- Portable, sturdy equipment designed for harsh outdoor environments
- Can be set up and operational quickly and do not need a skilled technician
- Cost effective and reliable satellite data communication tools